It’s been one month since I launched my blog, sharondashariee.com. I realized I’ve been on social media for quite a few years and I have never spoken on camera, so I’m posting a video for you guys to attach a voice to a face and this fun 20 Question & Answer-style “Get to Know Me.”
1. Where are you from?
I was born in California, but I grew up in Arizona, so I say I’m from Arizona.
2. What is your favorite snack?
Warm chocolate chip cookies with walnuts. My favorite healthy snack is fruit salad with nectarines, strawberries, grapes, etc. with homemade whipped cream on top.
3. What is your favorite color?
Black. My mom says this is not a real favorite color. lol
4. Are you married and do you have kids?
Yes, married for almost 20 years and we have four kids: 3 boys and 1 girl (20, 15, 11, 6).
5. Where are your favorite places to shop for clothing and home décor?
I’m not a fashionista, so I shop for clothing where I can find a deal at that moment. It must be comfortable first, then cute. I can usually find something in JCPenney, if not, Rainbow, Burlington, or Ross.
Home shopping is a different story. My home shopping rotation of stores consists of Hobby Lobby, HomeGoods, Kirkland’s, Ross, and Amazon. I like to browse Pier1, World Market, and ZGallerie for inspiration.
6. What is one of your favorite smells?
LOVE the smell of rain and Worcestershire sauce.
7. What is your favorite food?
Depends on my mood, but primarily my 3 Go-tos are Mexican, BBQ, and pizza. I’m a pizza fanatic.
8. Toilet paper: Over or Under?
Under, of course.
9. What do people think is weird about you?
I’m sure there are many things, but to name a few, I cannot look at certain things with a certain texture/pattern. I do not touch whole chickens, turkeys, Cornish game hens, etc. I also do not eat the flats of party chicken wings, EVER.
10. What animal do you think would be the most terrifying if it could speak?
I don’t have a dog in the home, but I’m sure if dogs could talk it would be borderline fascinating and terrifying. They are always around, witnessing everything.
11. What shows do you watch?
I watch mostly any show on HGTV, Travel Channel, or life documentaries pertaining to real crime. I listen to podcasts far more than I watch television.
I will binge watch shows that my friends and family recommend to me. Just binge watched all three seasons of The Handmaid’s Tale that was recommended by my mom.
12. What TV show or movie do you refuse to watch?
Pretty much anything where there’s yelling and fighting, especially if it’s categorized as reality TV. I do not watch horror movies, and even if I do watch a movie I like, I RARELY watch the same movie twice so I can’t recite movie lines with you.
13. Do you have pets?
No. The proper care of a pet is a lot of work. My kids have brought several negotiation talks to the table, but none have been accepted.
14. What’s something you’ve been meaning to try but just haven’t gotten around to?
Parasailing is at the very top of my bucketlist.
15. What is the most annoying question that people ask you?
Is my hair real. I’m sure my fellow naturalistas can relate, especially when you straighten your natural hair.
16. What was the best book or series that you’ve ever read?
Best non-fiction, The Power of Now, by Eckhart Tolle
Best fiction, the book series, The Syndicate, by Brick & Storm
17. Where do you usually go when you when you have time off?
Any city that is close to the ocean or any body of water.
18. What amazing thing have you done in your life?
Given birth to children. Second most amazing, given birth to children with no pain medicine or epidural.
19. When people come to you for help, what do they usually want help with?
Finding something, someone, or my perspective on certain situations.
20. What is something you think everyone should do at least once in their lives?
We love cruising. Go on a cruise. Some people love them, some people hate them. You should go at least once to determine which group you’re in. It’s a cost-effective way to see more than one place in one trip.
Pick one of the questions from the list,
answer below or over on Instagram, so I can get to know you!
ok first of all the food is making me hungry! I don’t know If i would be able to sit…